Traffic Roundup

News about the free traffic resource TrafficRoundup.com

Monday, August 14, 2006

Do You Have a Marketing Blog?

Today I wanted to talk to you about using weblogs (blogs) as a
marketing tool.

Do you have a marketing blog yet? A blog is convenient tool to
publish product information, reviews of affiliate programs and
other information your market is interested in.

Search engines usually do not like to index affiliate websites
because the content is the same as hundreds of other affiliate's
websites. But search engines like to index blogs because they are
looking for new relevant content.

So as a marketer you should be writing about your affiliate
products and linking to your affilaite pages from your blog.

There are also several good blog-only search engines.
Technorati.com is a very popular one. If you don't have a blog you
may not be reaching those Internet users that prefer searching for
information in Technorati instead of Google or Yahoo.

So where can you get a blog? Blogger.com is a good, free service
and a good choice if you are totally new to blogging and just want
to play around with it.

But if you are more serious, I recommend starting with a Word Press
blog. Word Press is a free script that you put on your own site.
There are many plugins and tools available for your Word Press blog
that make it a better marketing machine.

Recently a friend of mine, Mike Paetzold, has created an
information product that will help you set up a Word Press blog.
His series of videos walk you through the set up process and show
you many time saving tips for getting started marketing with Word
Press blog.

You've probably heard of Mike Paetzold (A.K.A "the old bald guy"),
he has created several successful products including the popular
Opt In Master Course. So you know that his new Word Press Tutorial
is a quality product.

To learn more vist this site now :
http://stephenayer.com/recommends/WordPressTutorial and be sure to
see my testimonial.

If you already have a blog and want to share it with me and my
readers, leave a comment on this post.


This isn't a word press blog but it is an
example of what can be done with even completely free Blogger.com
blog
.

Before you forget... Make sure you check out Mike's great new
resource. http://stephenayer.com/recommends/WordPressTutorial

7 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Annette Master Team said...

Dear Stephen,
exactly in the right moment I ceived your mail today, as i was wondering about how to increase the exposition of my blogs. Since 4 weeks i have an E-business educational blog in English and a blog about my educational blog on alternative medicine and preparation for becoming naturopathic doctor(in German). Looking forward to getting more news about your projects. Thank you!! Annette http://difausto.com

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Cranky Yankee said...

I run a number of blogs for different aspects of my businesses.
http://crankyyankeemarketing.blogspot.com for marketing tips and deals, http://proofreaderscorner.blogspot.com for my proofreading business, and http;//mrscrankysblog.blogspot.com and http://crankyyankeesbiz.blogspot.com for my diabetic cooking website.

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Bob the Teacher said...

Hi Stephen,
I use Wordpress for my blogs, and agree with you that it's the best to use if you have your own website. You have a lot of flexibility, and the WordPress community has done a great job with templates.

My blogs are TeachersInBusiness Blog and 500ThingsToDo Blog. I'll be making one soon for my Free Ad Report, too, but that will have to wait until after my vacation this week -- and then it's back to school time!

Thanks for the recommendation, too!
Bob

 
At 3:04 AM, Anonymous Bob the Teacher said...

Okay, so I was inspired by your post Stephen that I put my blog together tonight.

So here it is: the Free Ad Blog.

All comments welcome -- except the ones that aren't. ;)

Bob Jenkins

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Mark Compton said...

It is amazing that this blog was done at blogger.com . I have alot of work to do with my blog.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger MarkM said...

Hi Stephen, you obviously already know about the Leading Guides Project Blog as you recently commented there. I am also a member of Blogger, through which I created "Mark Metson's First Blog".

Thanks for commenting on the Leading Guides Project blog, I will respond to your comments there.

I also have at least a couple of other Simple PHP Blogs with some of my niche topic Knotwork Sites. I have not actually tried WordPress yet myself because I was hoping to avoid deploying a database. But it is obviously a much better option really as SPHPblog does not even make nice search-engine-friendly filenames for its posts. So even though i happen to be using sphpblog myself I think most people will be better off going with WordPress as you suggest.

Hopefully the Old Bald Guy's material will help a lot more people get blogs up and running. I have followed with itnerest your material about social bookmarking too, good going!

Oh and yes everyone, I am a crony of Stephen and the Old Bald Guy since way back, I believe we met years ago at the MPAM/MGRcentral forums. :)

-MarkM- Webmaster, Make Money Knotwork

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Eldor Vand Farion said...

I will be starting a new one next month.
With a .com or .info name and hosted.
Have a great day.
Sincerelt, Eldor Vand Farion

 

Post a Comment

<< Home