Traffic Roundup

News about the free traffic resource TrafficRoundup.com

Thursday, September 21, 2006

About Stephen's Trip To Baltimore

Stephen Ayer went to Baltimore for a big shindig last weekend. I had a few questions for him and we'd like to share those with you.

[Bobby Ivie] You recently went to a big marketing event in Baltimore. Who put it together and what was the focus?

[Stephen Ayer] Yes, Bobby, it was The Internet Marketing Main Event II (TIMME II) hosted by Mike Filsaime and Paulie Sabol. The focus of the event was on Internet marketing, business development and marketing in general.

[BI] Do you feel that offline events are beneficial to your online business, and how so?

[SA] Definitely, I think the biggest mistake I've made with my Internet business has been not getting out and getting to these meetings sooner.

Not only do you learn a lot from the presenters, but you also find many friends who are doing things similar to what you're doing, working from home, trying to make money online, and you realize that you are not alone. There are many people with the same problems you have, and people who have solutions to your problems.

I was really amazed at how helpful everyone was. Even the so-called "gurus" are just regular people who want to help others be successful.

[BI] I'm sure you rubbed elbows with some people you already know and made friends with some of the heavy hitters of Net Marketing. Does this help you to come up with some good ideas and potential partners for Joint Ventures?

[SA] Yes, Bobby, but not only joint ventures. Now, I have friends that I know I can turn to when I have problems with certain issues; people who have expertise in areas that I don't.

I now have contacts I can use that will help me solve any problems I come across. There were several times this weekend when a conversation with somebody turned into an idea for a the new product or some kind of venture that we could work together on.

In fact, right now I have so many new ideas that there is no way I'm going to be able to act on all of them. I have new ideas for ways to grow my business, ideas for new products, new marketing ideas, etc.

[BI] Do you find that the mentality of the speakers is different than the average marketer you encounter online, and how so?

[SA] One difference is that the speakers have a much bigger vision than most Internet marketers do. Many people think small and are happy with moderate success, however, these speakers are people who have big ideas and are not content with small or moderate success.

[BI] Do you find a common thread among the successful marketers at these seminars?

[SA] Yes I do Bobby, and I don't think the common thread was in their tactics but was simply that they BELIEVED they could be successful.

Some of the presenters, like Joel Comm, are very successful at making money with AdSense. Some like Adam Ginsberg are successful at eBay, some are highly successful at marketing to their mailing list, like Gary Ambrose. But, the one thing they have all had in common is that they believe they can be highly successful.

[BI] What are some of the thoughts and ideas you brought back with you that will affect your future in Internet Marketing?

[SA] Probably the single most important thing I learned was that I need to be outsourcing more of my work. I need to treat my business like a real business with my job being the business owner and hiring people to perform the various functions. The keynote address by Rich Schfren (www.StrategicProfits.com)and an excellent presentation by Brad Fallon (www.MyWeddingFavors.com), really drove this idea home.

[BI] You've had quite a few achievements yourself with your online businesses. What advice do you have for anyone who wants to make a full-time living on the Net?

[SA] Thank you Bobby, none of my achievements came easy it was only through a lot of very hard work.

My best advice? Don't try to go it alone. Find a support network or a mentor and don't be afraid to ask for help. For the first few years, online, I tried to do everything myself and when I didn't know something I tried to teach myself, instead of asking for help; a big mistake.

I would also advise anyone who is serious about a real Internet business, to make plans to attend at least one off-line Internet marketing event in the next 12 months. I know some of these events are expensive and may seem out of reach to many people, but if you really want to get to one you can find a way to pay for.

Let me tell you a little story about someone I met this weekend. His name is Ali, and he's a 16 year old kid from California, who has been working online to help bring in some extra income for his family.

Even though he was only 15 years old the time, he sought out help to find out how he could make it to this event. He's been earning affiliate commissions, by promoting Click Bank products at MySpace.com

So he wrote a report about it and offered it as a special offer to members of the Warrior Forum. By sharing his specialized knowledge, he was able to raise $5,000, enough to cover his ticket to the event, his airfare and hotel costs. Plus, he used the additional money to move is mother get a bigger apartment. His next goal, buy his mom a house.

His story is truly inspirational and it goes to show you that, with a little determination, anybody can achieve their goals. You just need to have a strong enough desire and the belief that you can succeed.

I am sure you are going to be hearing more about my new friend, Ali Maadelat in the future.

[BI] Very inspirational. Thanks for sharing that with us, and let's hope we can all be together at one of the great Internet marketing events soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home